Let us bring Durham to your event.
We’re committed to making meetings successful in Durham. Let us support you through an array of services tailored to business meetings, conventions, and large events.
We offer the following resources to support all groups, regardless of size or our involvement throughout the booking process:
- Complimentary visitor guides can be ordered through our team and set aside for pick up in our Visitor Info Center during operating hours.
- Promotional assets:
- Need recommendations for group activities in our destination? Our Squad Goals guide has you covered.
Meeting planners that submit an RFP through Discover Durham may qualify for conference services beyond the standard offerings above. Events bringing significant economic and social impact to our destination qualify for enhanced services. We understand different groups have different needs and we work hard to customize our offerings according to the group's needs.
Research and Prospecting Support
- Evaluating bid materials to assess the feasibility of meeting in Durham
- Assisting in estimating the economic impact of the event
- Checking for conflicts with other planned large events
Booking Your Event
- Identifying venues and accommodations
- Facilitating venue connections
- Gathering quotes and availability for meeting facilities and accommodations
- Scheduling appointments and site visit facilitation
- Brainstorming and/or coordination of destination activations
- Identifying local event services vendors
- Planning assistance for off-site receptions and/or team-building activities
- Curating connections with local hospitality partners and/or industry experts
- Support navigating large event and festival services through the City of Durham
- Established check-in meetings with the Discover Durham team
- Facilitating welcome signage at RDU Airport
- Coordination of bulk publications and cordials for attendees and VIPs
- Customized one sheeter of destination resources and recommendations
- Management of a destination concierge table at the event or during registration
- Recommendations for securing event volunteers