I’ll be trying to taste almost everything on their menu this semester. So far, the coconut chicken soup is good but I have had better. It also had very little chicken and mushrooms. The Pad See Eew is sooo delicious though. Great proportion of noodle, vegetables, and chicken. Dumplings are probably my favorite. I get the pork pan fried ones but the green veggie ones are good too.
Jul 23, 2023
The sushi was delicious!
The menu was expensive and offered lots of variety beyond sushi/sashimi.
Their specially roll selection is amazing, lots of classic combinations you're probably used to seeing at most places offering sushi, but there were lots of really unique options too.
I had the honey love roll, which was BANGIN'! I had never had kiwi on sushi before and wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but I'm so glad I gave it a try.
This place became an immediate favorite for me and my husband.
We will definitely be back and I highly recommend that you check it out.
Jul 5, 2023
For Durham (especially around Duke) I think it's pretty good food and a great deal (BOGO on sushi rolls).
My ranking of rolls so far:
* Mango tango roll
* Fusion roll (crunchy, warm)
* Insane eel (just overall solid)
* Lobster (hot, little spicy)
* Sweet dragon
* Acapulco (good, nice kick)
* Sunrise lava (pretty spicy mayo sauce, maybe too much sauce but good overall) (spiciest)
* Red dragon (nice tuna, really tasty overall)
* Lobster lava (spicier version of lobster)
* Sunrise (very average)
* Rainbow roll (good, but a little bland. Maybe ask to add spicy mayo or eel sauce)
* Blue Devil roll (really good texture, little bland)
* TNT roll
* Philly roll
* Caterpillar (soft)
* Crunchy roll (dry, decent with soy sauce)
* Fire roll (spice kicks in late (spiciest roll so far, decently spicy, too much mustard/sauces)
* Sunset roll (nice tangy flavor, fake crab meat has a weird texture)
* Maguro tartar
* Spicy chic
* Mango lobster (cream cheese overpowers the taste)
* Black widow
* Sneaky black spider
* Oyster roll (not bad, not great)
* Honey love (little too sweet)
* Durham cares (mushy, very average)
* Red Moon (way too much on the top, not a great taste)
* Poseidon (too much of a fishy taste, bad aftertaste)
* Momo (weird taste)
* Champion (kind of bland, don’t like the wasabi taste)
May 26, 2023
I was overwhelmed by the choices! What we had was delicious.... wish I could order right now, but live 3 states away.
May 1, 2023
Sushi Love has a simple, elegant décor and the service is attentive and knowledgeable. The restaurant is not too expensive, but it is worth noting that some of the rolls lacked flavor. However, the by one get one free roll special they have on certain days makes it incredibly attractivr to dine there.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Sushi Love:
High-quality sushi plating
Some rolls lack flavor/ were bland
Reservations can be difficult to get
Overall, Sushi Love is a great option for those looking for a laid back Japenese dining experience. The food is great, the service is top-notch, and the atmosphere is elegant.
Apr 29, 2023
I used to come here years ago when it first opened. The half bottle wine special is a great deal. Sushi prices are reasonable. The grilled mussels and shrimp tempura were really good but my sushi was a bit bland and not as firm as I prefer. Will try again.
Apr 15, 2023
I found the food to be delicious and they had a wide variety of Asian options such as Thai, Japanese, Mongolian and Chinese. Menu was big but the food did not disappoint. It was great and over 50 different sushi options. Definitely coming here again.